Ideally, the project’s directory structure should be close to the following:
| - master | - feature | - gwt-support | - issue | - scala-java-interop-1000508 | - scaladoc-hover-1000210 | - platform | - indigo-3.7 | - juno-3.8 | - release | - scala-ide-2.0.0 | - scala-ide-2.0.x
- master: The main development branch.
- feature: Hosts branches for trying out ideas.
- issue: All branches under issue are related to an Assembla ticket. The ticket’s number must be suffixed to the name of the branch.
- platform: Branches for experimental support of future Eclipse platforms (with different JDT).
- release: Development branches for a target release. Stability is an important requirement for all branches living here.
Branches should be named using the following convention.